Want the best job in the world?!
Then enroll in a Surfing Australia education course to become a qualified coach.
Surf Coaching Courses
Surfing NSW presents multiple Coaching Accreditation Courses each year. The 2-day course is a part of the Australian Sports Commission's National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) and both cover the necessary theory components of the NCAS and the sports specific practical requirements of Surfing Australia. The courses are also recognised by the International Surfing Association (ISA) NCAS approved courses are recognized nationally and is the standard qualification requirement for employment in any one of Surfing Australia's Licenced Surf Schools. There are currently in excess of 70 Licenced surf schools around the country.
UPCOMING COURSES are listed below
Accreditations are available for: Level 1 Surf Coach, Level 2 Surf Coach, SUP Flat Water, SUP Surf/Open Water, Bodyboard
To gain your accreditation you must
- Attend 2 day coaches course
- Be a competent Surfer or SUP Paddler (your skills will be assessed during the course)
- Have current Surfing NSW (or state) membership
- Complete a coaches workbook including 20 hours practical training (after attending the course), sign code of ethics
- Hold & supply the following certificates
- First Aid
- Ocean Safety Certificate - proficiency must be current - Bronze Medallian/ Ocean Rescue Certificate (apola.com.au)
- Working with Children Check (everyone over 18yrs)
Qualification is valid for 2 years after submitting documentation to Surfing NSW.
This must be done every 2 years.
Download the reaccreditation document.
- Make payment of $150 (2 years accred + 2 years SNSW membership) - snsw membership page
- Forward the required documents - reaccred form, first aid certificate, ocean safety award, working with children
Once your documentation has been approved, your coaching accreditation will be updated. A Surfing NSW membership card and a Surfing Australia Coaches card will be mailed to you (generally within 6 weeks).